We are pleased to invite you to the presentation of Open Access publishing programs for books, scholarly journals and series that are entirely or partially published in English language. The event is organized by De Gruyter's (www.degruyter.com) daughter company, Versita (www.versita.com). The presentation will be held on September 26, 2012 in Frankfurt and on September 27, 2012 in Berlin. More technical and organizational details are given below.
The following publishing services will be presented:
1. Open Access Publishing Programs For Journals and Series (http://clicks.versita.com/c/bovx-/En4YQ86mlIA0slZ13HTvk3/Fl0/5a9l5/32acdae2) – publishing journals in two leading models:
- Author Pays - here Versita covers all publishing costs, keeps the Article Processing Charges paid by authors, and transfer share of such revenues to your journal.
- Journal Pays - in this option, journal owner or sponsor pays publishing fees to Versita, for the basic range of publishing services.
Each journal or series is provided with a composition of the most essential solutions and services, including:
- online hosting and distribution platform (http://clicks.versita.com/c/bovxK/En4YQ86mlIA0slZ13HTvk3/Fl0/5a9l5/2facce95), which already hosts about 250 journals from many countries and subject areas,
- worldwide distribution to libraries; integration with library systems,
- allocation of DOI; metadata distribution to CrossRef,
- arranging for indexing by A&I services, full-text repositories, open access journal directories,
- assistance in indexing by Thomson Scientific and PubMed (biomedical journals).
Versita provides interested journals or series with many other services, including online manuscript submission and peer review system (Editorial Manager – www.editorialmanager.com), online production tracking and content management system (Preprint Manager), plagiarism detection system (CrossCheck), copyediting and proofreading, manuscript file composition, sales and distribution of printed copies and many others.
2. Open Access Publishing Programs For Books
Versita is launching similar programs for scholarly books:
- Author Pays – this program is addressed to academic authors; here Versita covers all publishing costs, and keeps the Book Processing Charges paid by authors,
- Organization Pays - in this option, a society or another organization that collates contents of the book pays publishing fees to Versita, for the full range of publishing services.
Please confirm if you are willing to participate in the seminar by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2012, including the city, date and listing the names of intended participants.
Sales Manager, Versita
mobile: ( 48) 608 383 683
Versita Ltd, 78 York Street, London W1H 1DP, UK
De Gruyter, 13 Genthiner Street, Berlin 10785, Germany
Subject: Open Access Publishing Seminar
Language: presentations will be in English (in Berlin and Frankfurt projected texts in German)
Costs: participation is free of charge; organizers do not refund travel or accommodation expenses
Time: September 24, 2012, from 10:30 to 14:30, including coffee break
Venue: University of London, Senate House - Beveridge Hall, Malet Street, London
Time: September 25, 2012, from 10:30 to 14:30, including coffee break
Venue: Sachas Hotel - Manchester (Lincoln Suite), Tib Street, Piccadilly, Manchester
Time: September 26, 2012, from 10:30 to 14:30, including coffee break
Venue: Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, Hamburger Allee 2, Frankfurt, Hessen
Time: September 27, 2012, from 10:30 to 14:30, including coffee break
Venue: Mercure Hotel Berlin Tempelhof Airport, Hermannstrasse 214-216, Eingang Rollbergstrasse
12049 - Berlin